Virtual Fundations Level 3 Workshop – July 23
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
|Date(s):||Friday, July 23, 2021|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
Fundations Virtual Workshops (instructor-led) provide the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations curriculum. This highly interactive remote workshop was developed with extensive participant input during the spring/early summer of 2020. It was designed to maintain participation and motivation for optimal learning, with strategically placed breaks and an extended lunch. Additionally, the workshop design allows for teacher input and active engagement via activities and discussions throughout each session.
Fundations’ research-based approach and extensive program materials allow K-3 teachers to present a carefully structured reading and spelling curriculum using multisensory techniques. Fundations thoroughly teaches the foundational skills, and significantly supports reading, writing, speaking, and language standards found in states’ rigorous college- and career-ready standards, including the Common Core State Standards. It addresses all five areas of reading instruction with an emphasis on systematic phonics and word structure.
The Fundations Level 3 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level 3 curriculum.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 3: the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and advanced word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; cursive handwriting, advanced spelling rules and morphology, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 3 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
Workshop Agenda/Topics Covered:
- Welcome and Program Overview (1 hour)
- Break (10 mins)
- Teacher Resources: PLC Tour and Materials (25-30 mins)
- Tabbing Manual and Manual Layout Slides (15-20 mins)
- Lunch (40-45 mins)
- Brief Explanation / Mini demo of Day (10 mins)
- Planning with the Manual Activity and Debrief (40-45 mins)
- Break (5-10 mins)
- Fundations in Action Video and Debrief Activity (45 mins)
- Next Steps and Q&A (10 mins)
17 in stock