LIVE! Fundations Level 1 Workshop – July 26
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
|Date(s):||Tuesday, July 26, 2022|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 2 p.m. MST|
|Location:||303 Learning Center
6059 S. Quebec St. #100
Centennial, CO 80111
|Prerequisite(s):||Successful completion of Fundations® Level K Workshop.|
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast and light lunch will be provided.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
Fundations’ research-based approach and extensive program materials allow K-3 teachers to present a carefully structured reading and spelling curriculum using multisensory techniques. Fundations thoroughly teaches the foundational skills, and significantly supports reading, writing, speaking, and language standards found in states’ rigorous college- and career-ready standards, including the Common Core State Standards. It addresses all five areas of reading instruction with an emphasis on systematic phonics and word structure.The Fundations Level 1 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level 1 curriculum in a Tier 1 setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Grasp the background knowledge and understand the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 1: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages-letter name, formation and sound; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; manuscript handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 1 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom by maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities,using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICIES
For public workshops conducted by LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC: Payment is required in the form of PayPal, Purchase Order or Check before the event and is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition includes access to training handouts. Materials for program implementation are sold separately directly from Wilson Language Training. Tuition is fully refundable with notification up to 2 weeks prior to the event date. Cancellation within the 2 weeks prior the event will incur a fee that may equal the purchase of the ticket/seat. After a purchase a confirmation email will be sent with event details.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. LTR reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control and will refund the cost of the tuition. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any additional expenses incurred.
Reserve Seats for this Workshop
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
26 in stock
By reserving a seat for this training, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified in the Cancellation / Refund Policies section on this page.