Fundations Level K Workshop – August 2
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
10 in stock
|Date(s):||Monday, August 2, 2021|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 3 p.m. MDT|
|Location:||6059 S. Quebec #100
Centennial, Colorado 8011
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast and light lunch will be provided.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
Fundations’ research-based approach and extensive program materials allow K-3 teachers to present a carefully structured reading and spelling curriculum using multisensory techniques. Fundations thoroughly teaches the foundational skills, and significantly supports reading, writing, speaking, and language standards found in states’ rigorous college- and career-ready standards, including the Common Core State Standards. It addresses all five areas of reading instruction with an emphasis on systematic phonics and word structure.
The Fundations Level K Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level K curriculum in a Tier 1 setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Grasp the background knowledge and understand the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level K: phonological awareness; phonemic awareness and the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages-letter name, formation and sound; phonics; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency;
comprehension strategies; manuscript handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level K learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom by maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.