Fundations Level 2 Workshop – September 15
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
|Date(s):||Wednesday, September 15, 2021|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. MDT|
|Location:||6059 S. Quebec #100
Centennial, Colorado 8011
|Prerequisite(s):||Successful completion of Fundations® Level 1 Workshop.|
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast and light lunch will be provided.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
The Fundations® Level 2 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations® Level 2 curriculum. At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations® instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations® Level 2: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; spelling and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 2 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICIES
For public workshops conducted by LTR Tutoring Associates, LLC: Payment is required in the form of PayPal, Purchase Order or Check before the event and is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition includes access to training handouts. Materials for program implementation are sold separately directly from Wilson Language Training. Tuition is fully refundable with notification up to 2 weeks prior to the event date. Cancellation within the 2 weeks prior the event will incur a fee that may equal the purchase of the ticket/seat. After a purchase a confirmation email will be sent with event details.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. LTR reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control and will refund the cost of the tuition. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience, but we are not liable for any additional expenses incurred.
Reserve Seats for this Workshop
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
12 in stock
By reserving a seat for this training, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified in the Cancellation / Refund Policies section on this page.