Fundations Level 1 Workshop – August 3
Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
13 in stock
|Date(s):||Tuesday, August 3, 2021|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 3 p.m. MDT|
|Location:||6059 S. Quebec #100
Centennial, Colorado 8011
|Prerequisite(s):||Successful completion of Fundations® Level K Workshop.|
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast and light lunch will be provided.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
The Fundations Level 1 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations Level 1 curriculum in a Tier 1 setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to:
- Grasp the background knowledge and understand the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations Level 1: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; ways to form the key linkages-letter name, formation and sound; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; manuscript handwriting, spelling, and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 1 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom by maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities,using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.