WRS Advanced Strategies for MSL Group Instruction – Aug 30 – Sept 1
This three-day (15-hour) workshop delves into essential techniques and strategies to improve all aspects of Wilson Reading System® (WRS) group instruction through hands-on practice and discussion, and prepares participants for the Group Mastery Practicum.
Number of people you wish to register for this workshop:
15 in stock
|Date(s):||Monday-Wednesday, August 30 – September 1, 2021|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. MDT|
|Location:||6059 S. Quebec #100
• WRS Level I Certification, and
• Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast and light lunch will be provided.|
|Note re. PayPal payments:||Cancellation of orders placed via PayPal are subject to a 6% processing fee.|
- Identify factors for successful WRS group instruction.
- Review the planning for and execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 for maximum group success.
- Develop a word-conscious lesson.
- Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
- Determine how to incorporate complex text, both literary and informational text structures.
- Understand and practice important aspects of fluency instruction with Wilson Fluency®/Basic.
Professional Development Graduate Credit
One graduate credit (optional) is available through Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA, upon completion of course requirements. Please see Process for Graduate Credit for details.