|Date(s):||Wednesday, August 22, 2018|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Location:||90 Airport Road, #5
Concord NH 03301 Directions
|Prerequisite(s):||Successful completion of Fundations® Level 1 Workshop.|
|Additional info:||A continental breakfast is available at 8:30 and a light lunch will be provided at noon.|
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations® instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations® Level 2: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; spelling and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 2 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.