Fundations® Intervention Progress Monitoring Day 1: Oct 20th
Day 2 TBD for a date in the winter.
This two-day workshop provides guidance for implementing Fundations® within a Response to Intervention (RTI) framework.
10 professional development hours.
Fri, Oct. 20 (Day 2 TBD)
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
FIW - 1017
Completion of a Fundations® Level Workshop
This two-day workshop provides guidance for implementing Fundationssup style="font-size:8px;">® within a Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS) or Response to Intervention (RTI) framework. It focuses on procedures and strategies for implementing Fundations as an early intervention (Tier 2) program. Specifically included are ways to identify Tier 2 students, plan intervention lessons, use the Fundations curriculum-based measurement tool, collect and use data to plan and provide targeted student instruction, and include automaticity and fluency practice, including the Wilson Fluency®/Basic program. (Day one is delivered in the fall, and day two is delivered in the winter/early spring.) At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Have a solid understanding how Fundations fits into an MTSS/RTI framework.
- Know the procedures and strategies for implementing Fundations as an early intervention (Tier 2) program.
- Identify students who are appropriate for targeted intervention through Fundations.
- Plan intervention lessons, and differentiate lessons based on students’ needs.
- Understand the difference between an accuracy lesson and an automaticity lesson and learn to plan for both.
- Collect and use data to provide targeted student instruction.
- Effectively use the Fundations curriculum-based measurement tool to monitor a student’s response to the targeted intervention. Include automaticity and fluency practice, including the Wilson Fluency/Basic program.
Two full days (10 hours, 1 day in the fall and 1 day in the winter/early spring)
A continental breakfast is available at 8:30 and a light lunch will be provided at noon each day.