Fundations® is designed to reduce the number of children who later need intervention by giving all kids a solid foundation. A 30-minute Fundations® lesson ensures that the critical skills for reading and spelling are being taught daily.
Thurs, Oct. 12, 2017
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Fun2 - 1017
The Fundations® Level 2 Workshop provides the practice and guidance needed to effectively begin teaching the Fundations® Level 2 curriculum. At the completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Have a solid background knowledge and understanding of the research base supporting the why and how of Fundations® instruction.
- Identify the skills taught in Fundations® Level 2: phonemic awareness; the alphabetic principle; sound mastery; phonics and word study; vocabulary; high frequency/trick words; fluency; comprehension strategies; spelling and punctuation.
- Understand the principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction that engages multiple learning modalities with multisensory instruction, repetition, and immediate, specific feedback.
- Prepare a daily Level 2 learning plan and practice lesson activity procedures.
- Build a learning focused classroom: maximizing instructional time, learning lesson activities, using questioning to guide student learning and mastery, and encouraging craftsmanship for optimum outcomes.
A continental breakfast is available at 8:30 and a light lunch will be provided at noon each day.